Work in progress
This section of the website brings you brand new research in progress.
The chapters below present the background to and the general findings from the MEPP Evaluation and Teacher Effectiveness study. The overall effectiveness of the programme, whether or not teacher behaviours, beliefs and subject knowledge affects achievement, and the relationship of some school level factors to achievement and teacher effectiveness are examined. The results of this new research are found in Chapters 6 and 7, please help yourself.
- The History of School Effectiveness
- Teacher Effectiveness
- Effective Mathematics Teaching
- The Research Process
- The Main Findings of the Project
Chapter 6, Figure 1
Chapter 6, Figures 2-4
- Differential Teacher Effectiveness
Chapter 7, Tables 1-7
- The Effectiveness of the Use of Learning Assistants in Improving the Mathematics Achievement of Low Achieving Pupils in Primary School
Chapter 8, Tables 1-12